Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask A Developer!
My other question hasn't been answered: is the second demo roughly 1/2 the length of the finished thing, still?

I think my favourite piece of dialogue is the whole 'purification/ashes/wet miko outfit' section. Rather interesting that the only person that knows that little piece of information is Reimu, given Gensoukyo's attitudes... or maybe it's only the youkai and such that have that attitude, since the only male one happens to be a cloud?
(07-08-2011, 03:21 PM)Rainy Daze Wrote: My other question hasn't been answered: is the second demo roughly 1/2 the length of the finished thing, still?

I think my favourite piece of dialogue is the whole 'purification/ashes/wet miko outfit' section. Rather interesting that the only person that knows that little piece of information is Reimu, given Gensoukyo's attitudes... or maybe it's only the youkai and such that have that attitude, since the only male one happens to be a cloud?
It's hard for us to place time, because the workload is massively different (endings for each character take up far less player time then writing time.) I put the demo at about 1/3 though.
Why are you sticking closely to Canon portrayal than Fanon portrayal (Not that it is bad,just wondering) of Characters + Story, wouldn't it be easier going Fanon?
[Image: gallery_2_15_36541.png]
Ah... I meant with regards to player time, not developer time. Patience is a virtue and all, right?

'I think my favourite piece of dialogue is the whole 'purification/ashes/wet miko outfit' section. Rather interesting that the only person that knows that little piece of information is Reimu, given Gensoukyo's attitudes... or maybe it's only the youkai and such that have that attitude, since the only male one happens to be a cloud?'

Ended up working a question into that as well, accidentally, I might add.
(07-08-2011, 08:22 PM)28JFJ Wrote: Why are you sticking closely to Canon portrayal than Fanon portrayal (Not that it is bad,just wondering) of Characters + Story, wouldn't it be easier going Fanon?
Personal preference mostly. Also because a lot of fannon portrayals lead to bad writing. It's far too easy to make Tsundere the entirety of Alice's persona, or make Marisa into some ubermench who knows no fear. That may be funny for a one off 4 koma, but it usually sucks in anything longer then that. If you're going to take the time to do proper writing you might as well try to use canon personalities often.

Rainy Daze : I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. If it's about how Reimu knows some of Marisa's weak points, well they've been around each other for a long time....
That counts as a weak point? Odd.

What I meant is that it seems strange that Reimu's the only person to actually know that, despite Gensoukyo's attitudes towards this sort of thing seeming rather apathetic. I was wondering whether it's more a youkai attitude--since there's an apparent shortage of male youkai--than a general one. Otherwise, why be secretive about something no-one seems to care about? Especially when you keep flirting with people...
Oh if you mean Marisa's interest in girls, then that's more common knowledge. And yes, we're having Gensoukyo be a little different then Japan. The youkai have different society after all.
Gensoukyo as in 'humans and youkai' or Gensoukyo as in 'youkai and those spending too much time around them'?

If it's common knowledge then... I guess Marisa's reaction is either compulsive lying or not realising that it's common knowledge. Either makes perfect sense for me and I guess it's not strictly relevant to the story thus far.
Which file has the images (more specifically, Marisa's facial expressions), and how might one go about unpacking them? I wanna do something silly with Marisa's "angry" face.
Click a fanfic below to be taken to its page~

[Image: n9tsj.png]

Human-Machine in Foreign Lands // Reprise of the Subterranean Sun

[Reality's Corrupted Data]
Hi Razwerkz,

Inside the ESR game folder you'll only find compiled files, so it's not easy to get at the resources unless you know how to hack Ren'py. We'd rather not tell folks how to do that (even if I knew) so here's the Marisa sprite set:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d5weq92085f1am3

We may upload the full set if there's demand.
What does Dai-Sukima Dan mean?
Dai-Sukima Dan is derived from Dai Gurren Dan in TTGL. The Great Gap Brigade. There was supposed to be a secondary pun thrown in there by splitting the name like this:

DaiSuki ma Dan

Daisuki, roughly "to love" in Japanese. I don't think there was some deep meaning behind it, unless we had a reason for fielding Yukari specifically. I believe the group's founder, Verloren came up with the name.
Hmm, who decided to make a big deal out of whether or not a character likes spicy food, and on what basis?
I'll accept Rule of Cute. Food-related quirks always make a character cuter Big Grin
The original choice to make Reimu not like spicy food was spur of the moment, but I like the way it turned out. Having Reimu, the girl who normally can brush of anything, be weak against spices while having Sanae, the new girl who is still settling in, love volcano flavored things is an interesting shift.

Remi on the other hand was chosen to dislike spicy things because it's childish and cute. Also because she's from Europe during an era where hot pepper spices were hard to find, and not used often.
(08-06-2011, 06:48 AM)IcedFairy Wrote: Remi on the other hand was chosen to dislike spicy things because it's childish and cute. Also because she's from Europe during an era where hot pepper spices were hard to find, and not used often.

And let's face it--we needed someone to be the hard judge.
is the project still alive? because the forum seem dead.
Yes, the forums look dead if you're not a DSD developer. The scripts and other stuff are actually on the forums, but only we can see them.

ESR's release is still a long ways off, but the writers are still working on it. Meanwhile, I'm looking to release the first Chapter of the Touhou Mecha VN sometime this month! That's something to look forward to, right? I'll make a blog post when it's pretty close.
Out of interest, when do you estimate ESR to be released in full or near completion?
(04-02-2012, 12:23 AM)28JFJ Wrote: Out of interest, when do you estimate ESR to be released in full or near completion?
Honestly I can't say. We're at an odd point. I'm not sure how the workload for the endings is going to run. It's a lot more writing, but we don't need to worry about as much stuff as well.

So sorry, any estimate I'd give you would be a lie. Hopefully when we get into it we'll get a better feel for matters.
Something I just wondered, would you be changing ESR in any way to fit Symposium of Post-Mysticism, since ESR is being somewhat close to Canon?