Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions, Comments And Critique
(07-09-2011, 09:43 PM)IcedFairy Wrote: Glad you enjoyed things Sefam. Graph worked hard to get those danmaku scenes up to snuff.

Unfortunately while I understand what you're looking for, it's really not possible with the game we're planning on. If we focused only on relationships and had a much shorter game then huge breaks like that would be possible, but given the scope of our project it's just impossible. We're going to be lucky to get all the simple paths and endings we've currently got planned. Adding a path where you annoy Alice so much she stops talking to you day 3 would make writing the game impossible.

We are planning some tweaks to show what those end of day choices do for you more clearly though.

Thanks for the reply Iced. These were just minor nitpicks I had, and I understand that having the game be a sandbox would make writing a coherent and fun story almost impossible. It is true that there is so many possibilities with so many characters Big Grin

I can't wait to see how you will manage the end-day choices, there's so many of them, and some of them only seem to appear once in a while. Do you plan to standardize them or keep them like this, but give them common attributes?(Example: Hunting youkai would give you the same bonus as doing a danmaku fight with Youmu)

I like the writing currently, and I like the number of options the game give you already, it's a joy to read through the dialogue! You(The writers) are taking the characters well, but I'm left wanting more; I was sad when I finished the demo.

Anyhow, I'l keep watching this visual novel's development. This demo really piqued my interest, and I can't wait to see the full version. I also can't wait to see what you're cooking up next in the stories you're currently writing Iced!

Also, will the team accept donations at some point in development?
I think I just noticed something: the Danmaku skill levels go 'Fairy', then 'Kappa'. Pretty sure that makes the next two--which I haven't seen (probably possible to get at the third one, I certainly got to 'Scholar' on research)--'Tengu' and 'Oni'. Appropriate, given that this comes right after Subterranean Animism.
(07-09-2011, 10:58 PM)Sefam Wrote: Also, will the team accept donations at some point in development?
As awesome as it would be, I really can't think of any way of handling an influx of funds, and it wouldn't really be able to speed our progress much. So probably not (unless Sigma needs some server money).
(07-10-2011, 01:39 AM)IcedFairy Wrote: As awesome as it would be, I really can't think of any way of handling an influx of funds, and it wouldn't really be able to speed our progress much. So probably not (unless Sigma needs some server money).

If it's ever needed, I could throw some money in.
I've worked out my favourite line so far, which amusingly comes from within the first demo. It's the one about Youmu's self-deceptions shattering. XD
We do not in any shape or form have anything that demands funding, and because of this we will never ask for donations. The only thing Dai-sukima Dan needs is your support and enjoyment. We appreciate your kindness.
Just finished my first play-through of the demo.

I've been playing through the Flandre path, and I must say, things seem to really fit well, as far as making Flan seem how she should. Also, for the bad end where
I
absolutely love the effect it creates. I actually felt an inner terror knowing what had happened to our beloved Marisa!

Keep up the good work! I'm anxious to see the final product! Smile
Click a fanfic below to be taken to its page~

[Image: n9tsj.png]

Human-Machine in Foreign Lands // Reprise of the Subterranean Sun

[Reality's Corrupted Data]
You've done a wonderful job on this so far, I thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough of it. Characterisation is spot-on, and I really appreciate that Alice isn't an unbearable tsundere like in most works. Very much looking forward to the finished product.

I do have one little consistency error to point out, if it hasn't been fixed already. The first time Yuka is mentioned (When Marisa goes to visit her as an evening activity, if I remember correctly) her name is spelled just like that, but later when she is mentioned again in a conversation with Reimu, her name is spelled Yuuka.
For Easter Starlight Romance demo 2.0. I'm not sure if this is already a recognized fact or not, I tried to look around a bit beforehand, but there is one inconvenience I notice, or at least when I play the game. I haven't tried it on another computer.

It seems that when I pause the game at the time that the date counter is changing numbers, that the game freezes, and refuses to move forward. I can still access the pause menu, however, and if I save at that spot and then load it, it pushes me forward to the first line that Marisa makes on the new day. It's not much of an issue since I can fix it easily, but If it's something that the game is doing universally, I could imagine others being confused or frustrated.
Music 
I forgot just how good the OST of this game is