Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo 3.0 Feedback
Any comments, critiques, bugs, game crashes (hopefully we won't see much of those last two!) feel free to post them here. Or make another topic if you think you have a lot, your choice.

If your forum account is still awaiting validation, please send an email to daisukimadan (at) gmail.com with your chosen username and a topic like "Account validation".
Greetings! I've been enjoying this third demo so far, but have stumbled into some dialogue I simply can't ignore.
It's not exactly a problem, I guess, still feels horribly awkward to me.

At some point Marisa visits Sakuya in the kitchens and asks what she's making:

"Kig ha farz, with a side of quiche Lorraine, and some beef stew to go with it. I'll be serving it all on a bed of lettuce and with some white wine from the cellar."

Lest it being some joke I failed to catch, this arrangement is horribly unbalanced and poorly matched, hardly befitting our perfect maid. I know this isn't Shokugeki no Soma, and no one is going to ask for a five-stars menu, but maybe this is a bit too much. Please at least give it some thought.

PS: I might be jumping ahead of myself, but wouldn't be against discussing the topic in more detail, if the need arose.
Speaking of errors, Koakuma confused Noah Webster with Daniel Webster when she was lecturing Patchouli about spelling. (For that, I spent half an hour doing research on the American statesman...)
Also, when Sanae was playing mahjong, she said Thirteen Orphans, but a reader pointed out that it's supposed to be called Kokushi Musou in Japanese mahjong.
Plus, how did Mystia get her hands on SEA turtle anyway? There is no sea in Gensokyo.
One of the choices with obvious stat-ups, love in this case*, still goes to a message announcing that even though the little pictures make it long since unnecessary. Speaking of the pictures, if you have any idea why reloading the game and picking a different choice causes it to erratically append as if you'd picked some other option... that's a bit strange. I never knew how many choices were linked to the stats until this.

*I think it's if you choose to get coffee in the village.
Another odd thing, on the 12th of March, Marisa says that she's "named after the drizzling rain". Except... She isn't. "Kirisame" is her family name, not her given name.
Plus, during the fight between Reimu and Marisa, Reimu declares "Divine Treasure - Ying-Yang Orbs". Even though only Kaguya's spell cards start with "Divine Treasure".
(10-02-2016, 10:25 AM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Another odd thing, on the 12th of March, Marisa says that she's "named after the drizzling rain". Except... She isn't. "Kirisame" is her family name, not her given name.

It's still part of her name...
(10-02-2016, 02:33 PM)Raineh Daze Wrote: It's still part of her name...
And it's still an odd choice of word.
Hey, sorry I've been away for a bit, just dropping by to confirm our decisions on some of these points.

(09-11-2016, 03:50 AM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Speaking of errors, Koakuma confused Noah Webster with Daniel Webster when she was lecturing Patchouli about spelling. (For that, I spent half an hour doing research on the American statesman...)Also, when Sanae was playing mahjong, she said Thirteen Orphans, but a reader pointed out that it's supposed to be called Kokushi Musou in Japanese mahjong.
We're definitely using Noah Webster now, good catch. For mahjong I believe the two names are referring to the same hand, and it's just a matter of whether or not the name is translated. Personally, I think Thirteen Orphans is kind of convenient because even though I don't know much about mahjong rules, I can kind of deduce that it means 13 different tiles.

(09-19-2016, 02:24 PM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Plus, how did Mystia get her hands on SEA turtle anyway? There is no sea in Gensokyo.
At some point post-demo it's mentioned that Mystia has her sources. Possibly something to do with a gap youkai.

(09-30-2016, 09:02 PM)Raineh Daze Wrote: One of the choices with obvious stat-ups, love in this case*, still goes to a message announcing that even though the little pictures make it long since unnecessary. Speaking of the pictures, if you have any idea why reloading the game and picking a different choice causes it to erratically append as if you'd picked some other option... that's a bit strange. I never knew how many choices were linked to the stats until this.*I think it's if you choose to get coffee in the village.
It's a reference to Persona 3. For some reason, your charm goes up when you drink coffee. (I only found out about this today, myself. I've only played Persona 4)

(10-02-2016, 10:25 AM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Another odd thing, on the 12th of March, Marisa says that she's "named after the drizzling rain". Except... She isn't. "Kirisame" is her family name, not her given name.
Maybe... the thing is though, Marisa's just joking around and Reimu isn't on the scene yet to make a snappy retort yet.

(10-02-2016, 11:42 AM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Plus, during the fight between Reimu and Marisa, Reimu declares "Divine Treasure - Ying-Yang Orbs". Even though only Kaguya's spell cards start with "Divine Treasure".
It's possible that the translation in the wiki or games changed over time. None of us actually read the game or other sources in Japanese so we've been relying on translations for names. We're using "Holy Relic" instead of "Divine Treasure" now, and hopefully we'll remember to do so if the full spellcard name is used again.
(10-03-2016, 05:47 AM)Graph Wrote: It's a reference to Persona 3. For some reason, your charm goes up when you drink coffee. (I only found out about this today, myself. I've only played Persona 4)

Here I was, thinking that it was something someone forgot to edit out this entire time. :lol:
Another one brought up by a viewer back in China, Utsuho doesn't have her chest gem in the hot spring scene, even though I'm pretty sure that gem's part of her body. (I think it's mentioned in Symposium of Post-Mysticisim).
(11-11-2016, 02:27 AM)SuperFeatherYoshi Wrote: Another one brought up by a viewer back in China, Utsuho doesn't have her chest gem in the hot spring scene, even though I'm pretty sure that gem's part of her body. (I think it's mentioned in Symposium of Post-Mysticisim).
Looking at her profile in SoPM, I haven't found that. I don't know if anything was lost in touhouwiki's translation but the closest thing I noticed was this:

Quote:She has an unusual appearance. She has a "Leg of Fission", the existence of which is suspicious, a "Leg of Fusion", which looks quite heavy, and a cannon-like object on her arm which is surprisingly a "Third Leg". She also has a bright red "Red Eye" on her chest. Her strange form is entirely due to the effects of the Yatagarasu which resides within her.
But the ending of Subterranean Animism and a few shots in Oriental Sacred Place show Utsuho without the "third leg" arm cannon. So whether or not these were created by the Yatagarasu's power it seems they're not necessarily attached at all times. On the other hand fanworks that have the red eye attached to her body aren't necessarily wrong I think; for obvious reasons the official works don't show Okuu with her shirt off!