Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESR and Mecha downloads down?
The blog links to the downloads of ESR and Mecha's demos, music and the gallery are blank, what's up with this?
Huh, so they are. I just cleaned up some stuff from another apparent hacking of the site, but I'm not even sure if this blank pages problem is related to that.

The pages' contents still seem to be intact in the admin dashboard, they're just failing to display. I notice something else that could be related: despite only applying the smallest of WordPress updates recently, all the page and post URLs have changed formats for some reason. They used to be likeĀ "/?page_id=231" and now they use the page title or something, like "/demo".

Fortunately we've already been cooking up a plan to migrate off of WordPress (and our current host, in case they're also related to our woes), which we'll announce soonish along with anything else necessary, but I'll also see about fixing those pages before we migrate...
(04-21-2024, 06:48 AM)SleepKirby Wrote: Huh, so they are. I just cleaned up some stuff from another apparent hacking of the site, but I'm not even sure if this blank pages problem is related to that.

The pages' contents still seem to be intact in the admin dashboard, they're just failing to display. I notice something else that could be related: despite only applying the smallest of WordPress updates recently, all the page and post URLs have changed formats for some reason. They used to be likeĀ "/?page_id=231" and now they use the page title or something, like "/demo".

Fortunately we've already been cooking up a plan to migrate off of WordPress (and our current host, in case they're also related to our woes), which we'll announce soonish along with anything else necessary, but I'll also see about fixing those pages before we migrate...

Big Grin