Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fanart] Touhou Mecha Chapter 1 Impressions
Hello and I apologize for my super-late 4 month submission!

Anyways, I recently finished reading Touhou Mecha after Chpater 1 was released then at the same time, was inspired to draw one! These contain a regular version and 2 "another" versions that I did. Supposedly, I was hoping to do the mecha as well but I REALLY CAN'T do it! Enjoy!

I am really sorry for uploading large resolutions so please view them one at a time!

Normal
Another
Another 2
Hello MsAnon! I think I remember you from the DSD blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Funny that you mention about drawing mecha, I find that's one of the more common things artists on DeviantArt ask you not to commission, and probably because of complexity. So you're not alone! In my case I think the hardest part is figuring out what kinds of poses a mecha can do, since they're obviously less flexible than humans. And they certainly take a while to draw!

But anyway, Okuu's got a cool pose there! I definitely want to find places to include more action-oriented poses in future installments of Touhou Mecha, myself. Thanks for the fanart!
Not a problem anytime! I was just browsing my works until I checked my file that needs to be finished and it's due late >.<

Yes, I stay away from drawing mechas until I can figure myself how to do it right. I have a couple of GunPla so I thought it would help me do some poses (I have an action base but it's in one of 1/144 kits) and I totally forgot that majority were SD, and Gundam Exia is the only 1/144 scale built.

Thanks that you liked the pose! I have an idea set in my mind that I should draw my "first impressions" whenever I read each chapter of Touhou Mecha so that it can boost my motivation to draw more! :lol:

EDIT: Here's something I whipped up 30 minutes ago and I bet ANYONE can guess the reference! I used my smartphone camera with this (it was sized 1280x768) to capture.